Thursday, July 14, 2011

I can...

Only care for so long
I can be there, but not till the end
I have this wall around me that will never cave in
My heart is a hole, something so cold, so wrong
I walk around this city, observing your faces
But you’ll always be on the outside
I feel for a second, and then its gone, tucked back with my memories with the other brief sensations
I can be a good person, but only for a minute
These thoughts that dwell take flame in an instant.
I love myself, hate myself, care for myself, forget myself.
I focus on you because I can’t stand myself,
Living in this state of my own restrictions.
I want to be free, in the sky with the birds
But the laws of these lands hold me, locking me in my cell.
Im here on this earth, but im walking in hell
These feelings come and pass, with each day and whim
Im being spread on toast, a bit too thin.
I rhyme, I write, I hold no consistancy. I can be all that I can, but only if you allow me.
I scream in my head 'LET ME BE LET ME BE
Let me bloom, let me fly I know I can do better and become something great
And maybe, just maybe, I can learn not to hate
Everyone else walks around with this false sense of purpose and meaninhg, living out a lie
But I can care for you forever, the world I can just…. Let die

No comments:

Post a Comment