Monday, June 6, 2011

Downside..

Well..I didn't get it at Lucky 13 Tattoo on Kip and Colfax..
Apparently there are already 3 other apprentices at that shop and the owner, Joey, has another business and isn't there at the shop full time sooo that means no apprenticeship for Marsha..at that shop anyway.
I don't think I'm going to apply at any shop for a while, least till I get a bigger/better portfolio going.
Joey was nice enough to take the time to talk to me about the industry and how it works and what to expect and not expect. At least he told me that I was good enough and that he would of 'hired me in a heart beat' if he had the time to teach me properly.

I need to work on drawing people a lot. I think that I can train myself at home with drawing, buy a gun and machine and practice a little until I can get an apprenticeship somewhere. I was hoping to get it at a good/small shop, for many reasons. But now I need to focuse on my skill and getting my name and artwork out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment